Sunday, March 29, 2009

Anti Virus Removal - Easy way to restore to before it installed

I was working on my laptop on Mar/27/2009 & somehow I accepted virus threat which installed into my laptop & it was showing the security alert for every action I do in my laptop.
The Problem:
1) every action like mouse movement or click or enter or open new application or visiting to any website ..etc , It was openning popup window & says " Scan for free" Once scanning is over , it takes you to the antivirus software's web site [ Antivirus software it self introduced these kind of malwares] , it asks for your credit card to buy their software so that it cleans. Never buy these kind of antivirus softwares.
2) I had Symantec anti virus which is still running as auto protect. but it did not detect & it allowed to install above mentioned malware. These kind of malwares makes any antivirus which is auto detect enabled would also overrides. It is nothing worng with Symantec antivirus.
3) I tried to look for answers how to remove , I have found lot info & all of them say that you need to delete lot of exe files , Dlls & stop the tasks & Processes. And finally the were saying that use some other antivirus to eliminate / get ride of this problem using their antivirus software , looks like most of them were scams. No body provided proper solution to this problem.
4) I ran Windows defender , Symantec -- Nothing detected or no improvement.
5) Then I decided to format the system to rebuild from scratch.
6) I took all of the important files to backup in my external drive.
7) I took full image of my laptop using imaging software acronis true image software.

I remember there is MS restore usage which my friend mentioned to me. I wanted to try that future to restore my laptop to before this virus installed. It worked with out any issue at all.
So actually this is the you can also restore it.

Steps to recover using Microsoft Restore.

1. Make sure you have all the required files & softwares are backed up in case if it crashes , you should not loose any data & softwares.
2.
Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Restore

3. System Restore wizard opens up. Select "Restore My Computer to earlier time"
4. You need to know when did this spam antivirus affected your system. & make that previous to that date as your restore point. I have selected Mar/26/2009 in my case.
5. Confirm your system restore.
6. It restored my laptop to Mar/26/2009 all of the installations were removed.
7. It restarted & it worked fine.

So , if you know when this spam software installed , you should be able to restore your system to the previous to that state very easily.

Please contact me if you have any questions or if you want any help.




No comments:

Post a Comment